Thursday, January 19, 2012

Life Lessons number 312 is how many lessons I have learned with Zoey so far


I will admit I have let each of the kids teeth on cold Ketchup packets like these and never thought anything expect how happy they are.
Zoey has 6 little teeth and is very very slowly cutting number 7. She has been a little fuss so I have been giving her frozen Waffles and other cold items that are around the house. Wednesday I was waiting in my car to pick up Martin. I like to line up with all the other Mom's and Dads because I can get a peaceful 40 mins of reading because the girls are locked in their seats. Zoey was fussy because of the new tooth and I decided to hand her a ketchup packet like I have done so many times before.
Now I can't see her because she is rear facing still because of the new guidelines for car seats.
All of a sudden she starts to get upset again and I decided to get out of the car to see what happened. I opened the door to a completely red face and hands little girl. I just stared because I couldn't figure out what was all over her. Than I remember the ketchup and I start to hunt for the packet where I found it completely empty behind her back.
I look at the packet and than at her and realize she cut a large hole with her teeth and sucked out all the ketchup.
Now a few months earlier she had done the same thing to her bottom cream destine. I wasn't home at the time I only got the after math of Doug calling poison control and cleaning a very pastie face Zoey.

I think I have learned my lesson: It doesn't matter how many teeth a child has they are sharp and can poke though anything.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! That sounds like an icky mess, but I would have laughed if I had been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed after I figured out what was all over her face.

    ReplyDelete