Friday, June 3, 2011

What to do with a all white house PAINT





(I'm not sure why it looks yellow because it is a dark cream mixed with green and the green is more sage.)
Monday Doug and I spent all day picking paint colors for the family room and Kitchen along with Roxie's room and the hallway. I'm so pickie about colors because I know if I don't like the color I will hate the room so as silly as it sounded I prayed about the colors and decided on "Outback and Sanctuary" from Behr Paint. Roxie's room is a pretty shade of pink. I can't remember the name of the hallway but it looks like the same color as the living room walls. (If you have been to my house.)
My bedroom I really like the colors Basketry and Terra Cotta Urn but the bedroom will have to wait along with the guest bedroom until after I am down with the downstairs and princesses room.
After all the paint shopping was done were able we enjoyed our Memorial day with swimming at Grandma and pa Wimmers, yummy hot Dogs and a stop at the cemetery to place flowers at Martin Wimmers and Great Grandma and pa Horne graves. During the day Doug and I explained to Martin what this day meant to so many people and I told him about Great Grandpa Connett and Grandpa Bremner about how they fought in wars to protect us and our way of life. I also had Martin watch Tora!Tora!Tora! with me on Saturday and he loved watching all the plans fly. " Why do they talk I like seeing all the plans and ships." said Martin. I guess that is what I get for having a 5 year watch a war film in the middle of the afternoon with me.

2 comments:

  1. Why would a 5 year old want to watch a war film in the middle of the day with Mom when he can be outside on the trampoline or teasing his sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting is looking good - what fun when it is all done!

    ReplyDelete