Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nightmares Nightmares and more Nightmares


For the last few nights Martin wakes up around 2 am with either being eaten by a Big Purple Monster, His bed and him being on fire or his hand was dying.
On top of the nightmares he also sleep talks which sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night. One night I waked passed his room and he was sitting up holding his sippy cup and talking to it. " I want a milk sippy cup but mom won't let me have one I can only have water." He continued talking but it sounded like he put his sippy cup in time out. So Yes Martin does take after the Bremners' with the sleep talking.

I could use any advice when it comes to nightmares. We read happy books before bed, I sing songs and Martin get 5 mins of cuddle time with me before bed BUT he still has nightmares. Any Ideas?

Roxie officially cut her first tooth and Yes she is back to sleeping though the night.
Now we just need to get Martin to sleep.


"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world."
-- Kate Douglas Wiggin

1 comment:

  1. I love the thought at the end about a mother. Perhaps he is playing on the computer too much or the TV to close to bedtime. Try shutting off the TV and computer for him by 5 pm say, to let him mind have a cool down time and see what happens. It is certainly worth a try. He must be laying on his hand so it is going to sleep on him and he thinks it is dying, I love putting the sippy cup in time out though, he is a creative little fellow.

    ReplyDelete