Saturday, June 13, 2009

I wish I could bury my head in the sand



Last night Doug, Martin, Roxie and I all went to a friends wedding reception.
The reception was in one of the downtown Mesa store that was converted into a reception hall but it was beautiful but the only down fall was that it echoed. We all enjoyed eating the wonderful food and chocolate cake and talking with friends but it was 7:45pm and we had to get Martin home for bed and that is when I wanted to bury my head. Martin refused to finish his cake but he didn't want to leave because he wanted to finish his chocolate cake. Finally I decided we couldn't wait any longer and that is when the screaming started. " I want to finish my chocolate cake." Over and Over and over again he shouted and the only way in or out of the reception was though one door and as we left people just stared at us. I couldn't walk fast enough out of the building and by the time we got to the car Martin was heaving in tears and still screaming about his chocolate cake.

I remember those days being single at reception and seeing parents taking their screaming kids out and thinking " MY KIDS WILL NEVER BE LIKE THAT." Ah the quite days of only worrying about who do I go out with tonight. In the end all I could do was laugh and cry . Laugh because the MY KID WILL NEVER came and bit me in the butt and CRY because well I was laughing so hard.

Martin is turning 3 on Friday so does that mean the terrible two end at 11:05 am on Friday June 19th? PLEASE PLEASE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment