Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Little Things in Life


Recently I have been really tired from not sleeping and the baby kicking or the hiccups around 3:30am to around 5am every single morning. So finding the simple things in life has been really hard to do until Tuesday. Like every morning I was fighting with Martin to eat his breakfast and Roxie was throwing food off of her try and I finally just sat down and gave up until I looked outside to see 20+ bird bathing themselves in our puddle left from watering the backyard. It was so much fun to watch and I could have spent all morning watching the birds bath, swim and look for food and it put a smile on my very tired face.
During the week I saw my first praying mantis just hanging out on our screen. Martin was so excited and I have to admit so was I. I have always seen pictures of a praying Mantis but to see one up close is a whole other story. Than this morning the kids and I went out to play for the first time in a while because of the heat and what did Martin and I find not one but two Praying Mantis hanging on the wall eating food. They are amazing insects and really a lot of fun to watch. We also have seem more and more gecko's running around on the back wall. Its amazing what I have missed seeing in the morning because I can barely keep my eyes open.
I am trying to take time to enjoy the little things in life from birds, to bugs, to listen to Roxie telling me the same knock knock joke over and over again. I have found when I take time to enjoy life I seem to smile more and frown less.



A mountain is composed of tiny grains of earth. The ocean is made up of tiny drops of water. Even so, life is but an endless series of little details, actions, speeches, and thoughts. And the consequences whether good or bad of even the least of them are far-reaching.
Sri Swami Sivananda

No comments:

Post a Comment