Thursday, September 29, 2011

Parent Teacher Conference


Yesterday was Martin's first parent teacher Conference and to be honest I have been wondering how he was doing in school. The typical questions like:
1. Is he making friends
2. Is working well with others
3. Is he doing well with homework and academics.
I will start my bragging now just in case you do not want to know stop reading now.
They test the kids Phonemic Awareness and the goal is 10 Martin got a 23.
For Language Arts he has Mastered all the Sight Words, Writes his Name Correctly, Identifies all the sounds and identifies all the letters and last but not lest he knows all the parts of the book.

For Math the only number he sometimes struggles writing is the number 2.
The teacher asked him to count to 10 and than he told Ms. Dalzell he could count to 100. She didn't think he could but she told him to go ahead and he counted to 100 without missing a number. She was very impressed.

Behavior he received all Excellent expect for Completing Class classwork independently he got a satisfactory because he works slow but he wants it to be perfect so that is why he works so slow.

Now I know it is only kindergarten but kindergarten is what 1st grade was for me. I am very happy he is doing so well. He might just be in Kindergarten but to Martin it is everything and I am will to make a big deal out of it. Now what can I stress over because I am not a good mom unless I am stressing about something. :)
Check off Stressing over Martin and school off my list.

Martin and I have finished reading together Harry Potter Book 1 and we have started on Book 2.

I have a smart little Man just like his Dad.
I only hope he starts to love reading books as much as I do.
Opps I forgot to add he is in the top 5 of his class of 30 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment