Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I was trying to find something fun for Christmas present for the kids to make as well as for me to give away with treats inside. So I melted records to make them into bowls. So I typed in melted record bowls and found several blogs with directions on the.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Place the record on top of a large bowl turned upside down and carefully place in the oven.
3. Heat for about 5-8 minutes, or until record begins to soften and melt.
4. Wearing oven gloves, quickly remove from the oven. If you have two of the same-shaped bowls, you can press the bowl down on top of the other to bring a better shape to the record.
5. While the record is hot and pliable, you can adjust the shape to your liking. If necessary, reheat for a short time to make adjustments.
My rule was if I do not like the look than stick it back in the oven until it takes the shape you like.
I made several different types some using a bowl and other I shaped myself.
PS I found the records at D.I they had thousands of records.
What I would love to make is a record purse. That will be my next project while Grandma Bremner is visiting.