Monday, December 13, 2010

Little Sleep for Mom






After 7 weeks of thinking I know everything about getting a baby to sleep at night I decided Sunday to ask for help from the moms in my ward. Everyone had wonderful advice and several books to recommended. One friend in the ward said her sister has a miracle blanket and said she would use it with her 5 kids and it worked every time they would sleep at lest 4 hours though the night because it was a swaddle wrap where no matter how hard they tired they couldn't get their hands out. She said she would loan me her sisters for a week and if I loved it than I could buy at Buy Buy Baby. Zoey isn't fussy she just wants to sleep next to a warm body. I wouldn't mind if she didn't like to snuggle in my arm pit and If I wasn't so scared I would roll on her. So tonight will be the first time using the blanket and I'm hoping she sleeps about three hours is my goal but I know she can sleep longer because she has slept 4 -5 hours during the day. The good thing is Zoey is a very happy baby and since her ear has been healing she doesn't scream at night. She has also been flashing her beautiful smile at everyone and during Sunday School class Erin in my classes was holding Zoey and she kept flashing her big smiles. Now if Zoey would only do that at her dad and I a bit more often.
With that being said tonight we will be getting our real Christmas tree for FHE, Wednesday is Martin's Preschool Christmas Program, Thursday the kids and I will be taking treats to my Visiting Teaching ladies in my latest creation. I can't show you and pictures because it thay are a Christmas present for someone on the Wimmer side.
I will keep you updated if the wrap works.


“Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.”

Rosaleen Dickson quoteas

No comments:

Post a Comment