Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sleep and Vegas



Doug left for a business trip to Vegas this week and I stayed home because Roxie still needs her Mom. Background ever since Doug and I have been married I have never been able to sleep when Doug goes out of town so like always I haven't slept in three day and if I do sleep it isn't more than 3 hours. This week was the hardest not only did I not sleep but neither did Martin. Every night he would wake up around 3am crying wanting his Dad or saying his stuffed puppy wanted dad. Roxie is such a light sleeper that when Martin would cry out she would wake up and than all of us would be up at 3am.
Last night was the worst I had finally fallen asleep around 1:30am and I hear this wimping coming from Martins room about 2:30Am so like a good mom I head into his room and find him standing in his bed crying because he wants his Dad. I tell him we will see dad tomorrow and he layes back down and goes to sleep. Than again at 3:30 am Martin let out a scream and I go into his room and again he is standing telling me he is scared and I again rub is back until he fall back asleep. While I was putting Martin back down Roxie wakes up and she wants to cuddle (WHICH NEVER EVER HAPPENS) So I put her in bed with me until she falls back asleep. Now I'm thinking I can finally get some sleep. NOPE 5:30am Martin calls for me again and says he had a very bad dream so I climb into his bed and cuddle until he fall asleep and than head back to my bed until 7am when both kids wake up. I have decided Doug is never aloud to leave town unless I get to go with him. Last night was worse than any night I had with Roxie as a new born.

OH and do 3 year old get more teeth? And if they do does it cause them not to want to eat?

3 comments:

  1. I never sleep when Eric is out of town, so I just do huge home projects like painting a room, or refinishing furniture. It keeps my mind off the fact that he isn't home and usually tires me out. As for the kids...as long as it isn't a school night I let them "camp" on my floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made cupcakes, cookies and muffins while he was gone. The night Doug came home that morning both kids slept in until 7am for the first time in months....It was totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi my kids eat all the time and there from eight to one. Thats all I do is feed my kids!!! So maybe he is just really growing or like my kids and just eat. I hope you got more sleep. With 3 I know how that can be.

    ReplyDelete