Thursday, July 8, 2010

AUSTIN MN















Where do I start? Well Doug, Martin, Roxie and I flew back to MN for the 1st Bremner Family Reunion and the 4th of July. It started off with a 3 hour flight and being told by the flight attendant we had too many bags and I looked at as nicely as I could and said " One for me, One for my Husband and One for my son." Her response was " Does he have a ticket?" Again as NICELY as I could respond " Yes he is 4 years old." Martin was the best little 4 year old he could be and Roxie was well Roxie. We arrived in Austin late Thursday night and was hoping for some sleeping in but like always Martin was up at 6:30 am (which is 4:30 am in Arizona.") It was our first day in Austin and off we went to the park for lunch and enjoyed catching up with all 7 siblings and there kids. We were all having fun until Grandma Bremner noticed Martin wasn't having as much fun because he was running a temperature. So Martin cuddled into Grandpa Bremner arms and lied there for the rest of the picnic. Later that night we had family pictures and I was very proud of Martin for being so sick he tired really hard to be happy and smiley.
Saturday we had the family reunion with Bouncy castle, snow cones, hot dogs, and everyone wearing there tee shirts (1+1=33 2\3). Later that night we went to the first of two firework shows and I was able to have my favorite fair food deep fried cheese curds and YES they were worth every penny.
On the 4th of July we headed off to church and because of the rain we decided not to take the kids to the parade. The family celebrated Cenneidigh's 10th birthday with a big party and tons of cake, food, glow sticks and again the popular bouncy castle. After the birthday celebration we headed to Lisa's house and walked to the band shell for the 4th of July firework show. It was a HUGE firework show and Roxie enjoyed every second of the fireworks and would point that each one with her big eyes and say "Look or pretty" and Martin was just as excited to watch the fireworks as well! It made again realize how special of a country we live in and the scarifies men and women have made so my family could enjoy the freedoms we have today.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures - yes it was a great time to be together with everyone.

    ReplyDelete